Disclaimer

I have created this website to assist in bringing all information together in Prince George - BUT I HAVE NOT VERIFIED ALL OF THIS INFORMATION or it could have become out-of-date. Please contact any farms etc before visiting to ensure they are operational and let me know if they are not! I have also NOT VERIFIED any farms etc. for qualifications in the 100 Mile Diet, these are just listings of all local NON-BIG BOX companies.

Please feel free to send me updates of your own findings! - my email can be found in the "About Me" section on the right and in the complete profile (of me).

Welcome

Hello!
I am in the process of reading The 100 Mile Diet - A Year of Local Eating, byAlisa Smith & J.B. MacKinnon. I am totally INSPIRED! So, I fire up my laptop and come to a bit of a dead end in finding an all-in-one resource for my supplies. This is my attempt to bring all the pieces together for something usable!

Please, please feel free to send me details of our local resources and I will update my lists.

Cheers!
Nicole

4 comments:

  1. Hey you -- good job on this! Your nutritionist pal is proud. :) I haven't got to the book yet but I can't wait to read it.

    ~Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Nicole ~ Thanks for being the go to girl :)

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Nicole
    Can you please send your email address so that I can post our ranch info on your blog.
    Thanks
    Lesley
    hunnydoranch@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea! I doubt I would try a 100 mile diet in this part of the world, but I surely would do my best to come as close as possible. I do consume a fair amount of local food already. I get my organic beef burger locally, and have for a few years. Have not found a source for other meats so far, but I havent looked a lot. I dont know if a lot of people know this, but our part of the world is rich in many types of berries. Every year I pick wild strawberries, raspberries, saskatoons and blueberries. Rarely have to buy jam or jelly at the store. I also grow a lot of my own vegetables. I would like to find local honey and poultry. As I said, I have not looked very hard, but you are inspiring me to get busy! Thanks! Connie

    ReplyDelete